When you wear braces for the first time, it is difficult for you to be used by them and the main thing that has been bothering you is how to brush your teeth with braces as it is a new thing for you and you should take precautions because directly brushing your teeth with a hard bristle brush may cause different injuries to your mouth, lips, cheeks, etc. People wear different types of braces for teeth as recommended by their dentists and which suits their teeth requirements.. The 5 main types of braces are:
- Traditional braces
- Ceramic Braces
- Lingual Braces
- Self-ligating Braces
- Clear-aligners Braces
Can Braces Cause Tooth Sensitivity?
There are different things which can braces cause teeth sensitivity so braces can be one of the reasons to cause sensitivity as if you wear a type of braces that is not suitable for your teeth and you still wear them. The main thing after wearing braces is to learn how to brush your teeth with braces because you will face serious consequences if you neglect brushing your teeth no matter how hard it is for you to do it, you have to because the safety and health of your teeth depends on it.
How to Brush Your Teeth With Braces:
When you learn something new, it takes time to work out for you and the same goes with the procedure of brushing your teeth with braces because if you do not learn and practice the straight way for how to brush your teeth with braces, you can never do it properly. But do not worry you can learn it as it is an easy process once you become a pro in it just by practicing daily.
5 Steps for Brushing Teeth With Braces:
- First step to learn how to brush your teeth with braces is that before brushing your teeth you should clean your mouth by rinsing it off so any food particles that are stuck between your teeth and your braces so it can also wash away and then you should start brushing your teeth and do not forget to use a brush that is specially created for teeth with braces and start brushing your teeth from the gumline.
- Now,put your brush on the top of your braces and start brushing it off slowly so that your braces are cleaned up from the top side.
- Then move to the next part which is cleaning your braces from the down part so place your brush on the lower side of your braces to clean it up.
- Clean each and every single one of your teeth and braces so that no food particles and harmful substances remain in your mouth.
- It is a process that can be used by you or by little children too who wear braces and do not know how to start brushing from which side. It is the whole process and you should not skip any part.
Now there is another part so you can learn how to brush between your teeth and braces so you can normally brush in your routine without getting confused or fed up. You should properly use a flosser to wash any dirt that is remained between your teeth and braces and after getting free from brushing use a mouthwash too to save yourself from cavities and dirt and remember that it is not easy to master this process as sometimes you may end up frustrated so just be motivated in such times and keep on practicing because it will help you to easily learn how to brush your teeth with braces.
You should visit your dentist for regular checkups once in a year even if you do not have any serious and emergency issues.
We all want our teeth to shine like a crystal and we can smile proudly that is why sometimes we use different products and take treatments for whitening of our teeth. But if you wear braces it may be difficult for you to use a whitening product or treatment because the braces will block these things to reach your teeth directly and may cause side effects too that is why you should ask your dentist for help and if you wear traditional or metal braces then it will be more difficult because they cover up entire space of your teeth and the products don’t work on such teeth. But it is easy to apply whitening products or take a treatment on teeth that are wearing Lingual braces because they are on the back side of your teeth so any type of product or treatment you use for whitening purposes can be easily worked out.
Also you can use a whitening toothpaste as it is safe and secure for all types of braces but use the toothpaste that your dentist recommends you.